Interested in doing substitute work for Athens ISD?
Wondering what the Athens ISD procedures are?
1. As an interested applicant for Athens ISD substitute teachers, please complete the online application
2. Attend the mandatory new substitute training. Upcoming dates are:
The next scheduled Substitute Training will be - TBA
Training time is from 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
and will be held in the Achievement Center located at the back of the
Administration Building - 104 Hawn Street. Park in back and enter through double doors.
New to Athens ISD Substitutes must attend one training session to be eligible for hiring consideration.
Preregistration is not required.
No late attendees will be accepted into training session.
New to Athens ISD substitutes must attend the training session to be eligible for hiring consideration.
3. On the day of the mandatory substitute training, NO PAPERWORK WILL BE ACCEPTED except for the Fast Pass Form. All new to Athens ISD substitutes will be asked to complete the form with information pertinent to filing for a Fast Pass. Human Resources will contact the interested applicants with the Fast Pass information as soon as it becomes available - usually within 2-5 working days. The applicant is responsible for the cost of the background check.
4. Once the interested applicant has received the Fast Pass receipt, it and the completed substitute packet may be turned into the Athens ISD Human Resources Department. Please be sure to review the checklist in the substitute packet to ensure all items are enclosed.
Incomplete packets will not be accepted; nor will they be held by the Human Resource Department until the additional items are gotten.
5. When the results of the background check and a completed packet are received by Athens ISD Human Resources Dept, the applicant will then be considered for hire.
6. After the applicant has been approved to work for Athens ISD, an email will be sent. The subject line will say "Welcome to Aesop".