Interested in doing substitute work for Athens ISD?
Wondering what the Athens ISD procedures are?
1. As an interested applicant for Athens ISD substitute teachers, please pick up a paper application and substitute packet at the Athens ISD District Support Center located at 104 Hawn Street, Athens, Texas.
Both application and substitute packet must be completed before hiring considerations are made.
2. Attend the mandatory new substitute training. Upcoming dates are:
Please check back for future Substitute Training Dates
All trainings will be held in the Adult Learning Center located at the rear of the District Support Center, 104 Hawn Street, Athens, Texas 75751.
New to Athens ISD substitutes must attend the training session to be eligible for hiring consideration.
3. On the day of the mandatory substitute training, NO PAPERWORK WILL BE ACCEPTED except for the Fast Pass Form. All new to Athens ISD substitutes will be asked to complete the form with information pertinent to filing for a Fast Pass. Human Resources will contact the interested applicants with the Fast Pass information as soon as it becomes available - usually within 2-5 working days. The applicant is responsible for the cost of the background check.
4. Once the interested applicant has received the Fast Pass receipt, it and the completed substitute packet may be turned into the Athens ISD Human Resources Department. Please be sure to review the checklist in the substitute packet to ensure all items are enclosed.
Incomplete packets will not be accepted; nor will they be held by the Human Resource Department until the additional items are gotten.
5. When the results of the background check and a completed packet are received by Athens ISD Human Resources Dept, the applicant will then be considered for hire.
6. After the applicant has been approved to work for Athens ISD, an email will be sent. The subject line will say "Welcome to Aesop".